- Are the Visa Gift Cards embossed?
- Are there any restrictions on the images I can place on my Visa Gift Card?
- Can I add additional funds to my Visa Gift Card?
- Can I have the Visa Gift Card mailed to a location outside of the United States?
- Can I make a purchase for more than the amount remaining on my Visa Gift Card?
- Can I put a message on the Visa Gift Card?
- Can I use more than one promo code?
- Can I use my Visa Gift Card at gas stations, restaurants, online or over the phone?
- Do I have to upload my own photo?
- Do you sell virtual Visa Gift Cards?
- How do I activate my card?
- How do I check the status of an order?
- How do I know what the balance is on my Visa Gift Card?
- How do I register my Card?
- How does the Visa Gift Card work?
- How long does it take for my Visa Gift Card to be shipped?
- What happens if my card is undeliverable to the address I provided?
- Where can these cards be used?
- Why can’t I buy gift cards for my business from GiftCardMall.com anymore?
- Will someone contact me about my order?
Are the Visa Gift Cards embossed?
Visa Gift Cards are printed with flat embossing to include the card value, expiration date, recipient name, and an optional message. We do not offer raised embossing.
Are there any restrictions on the images I can place on my Visa Gift Card?
- While we accept most images, the following restrictions apply:
- All submissions must be original. No copyrighted material of third parties.
- No URLs, addresses, phone numbers, account or PIN numbers.
- No images that may interfere with card numbers, security features, or the Visa logo.
- No names or depictions of public figures, public officials, celebrities, actors, cartoons, or computer game figures.
- No images containing nudity, semi-nudity, provocative or sexual content.
- No images containing violent content, including depictions of dead animals.
- No images containing religious, political, or racial content.
- No text or images that show alcohol, tobacco, gambling, firearms, or anti-social behavior.
- No foreign languages with the exception of Spanish if an English translation is provided.
- No libelous, derogatory, or defamatory content.
- No numbers, text, or images that might induce misunderstanding
- No content that instigates anti-government behavior or sentiment, nor content that is in violation of any rules, regulations, or laws.
- No text or images that might result in card acceptance confusion by merchants including but not limited to the depiction of money or dollar value/symbols.
- Uploaded images may not contain personal messages, such as "Thank you,""Happy birthday," "Congratulations," "I love you," etc.
Can I add additional funds to my Visa Gift Card?
No. Visa Gift Cards are non-reloadable.
Can I have the Visa Gift Card mailed to a location outside of the United States?
No. Due to rules and regulations from our issuing bank and Visa, we only ship to addresses within the United States. You may have it shipped to yourself and then personally mail it to an international recipient. Contact our customer service department for a list of countries where the Visa Gift Card can be used. Call 1-877-GC-MALL1 (1-877-426-2551) or email email@example.com
Can I make a purchase for more than the amount remaining on my Visa Gift Card?
Some merchants permit “split transactions.” If you wish to use your Card for a purchase that is greater than the balance associated with your Card and the seller permits split transactions, you must charge only the exact amount available to the Card. Then you must pay the difference using another payment method. The merchant may require payment for the difference in cash rather than accepting another card, such as a credit or debit card. Some merchants may not accept these “split transactions.” If you fail to inform the merchant prior to completing the transaction, your Card is likely to be declined.
Can I put a message on the Visa Gift Card?
Yes, can select from a drop down of pre-written messages or write your own to have printed on the Visa Gift Card. You can also choose to have no message.
Can I use more than one promo code?
No. Promo codes cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts. The greater of the discounts or promotions will be applied to your order.
Can I use my Visa Gift Card at gas stations, restaurants, online or over the phone?
Yes, however you should be aware your Visa Gift Card may not be accepted at automated gas pumps. You can pay for your gas purchase with the station attendant rather than swiping your Visa Gift Card at the pump.
Some merchants like hotels, restaurants and mail-order companies factor in an automatic tip or additional expenses when using a Gift Card. These merchants may require that the card have an available balance greater than the purchase amount to ensure sufficient funds for tips or incidental expenses. Should this occur, inform the cashier that you wish to deduct a specific amount from the Visa Gift Card and use another form of payment for the balance or tip.
Cardholders can use the Visa Gift Card for online or phone purchases, but will need to be sure the name, address, and phone number on the Visa Gift Card account information is exactly the same as the information given to the merchant. If the information is different, the purchase could be declined. You can check or update account information in your Account Settings.
Do I have to upload my own photo?
No, you can choose from thousands of pre-selected Visa Gift Card designs in our Gallery.
Do you sell virtual Visa Gift Cards?
No. At this time, we only sell plastic Visa Gift Cards, but we do sell e-gift cards to stores and restaurants, and other retailers.
How do I activate my card?
To activate your Visa Gift Card go to GiftCardMall.com and click Activate, or call us at 1-888-799-0028. In both instances, please have your Customer ID, located on the back of the card in the lower left-hand corner, and the 16-digit card number available.
How do I check the status of an order?
You can check the status of an order by clicking My Account in the drop down under your name at the top of the page.
How do I know what the balance is on my Visa Gift Card?
You can check your balance online or call our 24-hour customer service at 1-877-GC-MALL1 (1-877-426-2551). To check your balance online, enroll the Visa Gift Card at GiftCard.com. A merchant will not be able to tell you how much money you have remaining on the Visa Gift Card. Knowing your balance before shopping will help assure that the Visa Gift Card has enough funds available to pay for your purchases.
How do I register my Card?
To register your Visa Gift Card go to GiftCardMall.com and select "Activate" or call us at 1-877-GC-MALL1 (1-877-426-2551). In both instances, please have your Customer ID, located on the back of the card in the lower left-hand corner, and the 16-digit card number available.
How does the Visa Gift Card work?
Visa Gift Cards can be used wherever Visa debit cards, Interlink® cards, or STAR® cards are accepted. To use the card at a point-of-sale terminal, simply select "credit" and sign the receipt. A Visa Gift Card does not have a PIN; therefore, selecting "debit" will cause the card to be declined. Each time the Visa Gift Card is used, the purchase amount is deducted from the available balance until that balance reaches zero. Once the entire card amount has been spent, it can no longer be used as a method of payment.
How long does it take for my Visa Gift Card to be shipped?
Your Visa Gift Card will generally be printed and mailed within 2-4 business days. How long your order takes to arrive at the destination depends on the shipping method you select:
- First Class Mail: 7-15 business days (free)
- UPS Ground w/ Signature: 5-10 business days
- Priority Mail w/ Signature: 3-7 business days
- UPS Second Day w/ Signature: 3-5 business days
- UPS Next Day w/ Signature: 2-4 business days
If you uploaded your own image, please allow an additional 2-3 business days for your image to be approved.
What happens if my card is undeliverable to the address I provided?
If your card is undeliverable to the address provided, you will be notified via email and your account will be credited for the value of the card. Card price and shipping fees are non-refundable.
Where can these cards be used?
Most Visa Gift Cards can be used at any retail location where Visa debit cards are accepted. Note that some financial institutions or service providers will not accept gift cards for bill payment or loan repayment.
Why can’t I buy gift cards for my business from GiftCardMall.com anymore?
We now have a separate site for corporate orders. Please visit our incentive site, OmniCard.com.
Will someone contact me about my order?
In accordance with our compliance guidelines, a representative may contact you to verify for your payment information.